DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE CONTINUED:
The role requires the successful applicant to lead on safe working site set ups including risk assessment and mitigation, chemical dosing, monitoring, sampling and record keeping.
We are seeking a candidate who is able to share their experience with the team, who is flexible and can be reactive at short notice for field support.
During this period of growth there will be times when the role requires other clean water duties to be undertaken such as; asset verification, DMA validation, operability testing, trunk main isolations, logger and probe deployments. Coaching will be provided as required.
Personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate are:
- Consistent, reliable and health and safety consciousness
- A proven track record of owning or leading tasks and activities
- A drive to see jobs through to a resolution
- Willing to work flexibly, including day and night shifts as required
- A methodical, measured approach to your work
- An eagerness to work collaboratively with all those in the team, field and office
- A strong ability to communicate effectively.
Significant and relevant experience in leading clean water network operations and activities including:
- Experience in water event response work, pressure testing, mains laying or commissioning
- Large site set ups typically on construction sites or highway works with extensive traffic management layouts
- Valve Operations on Trunk Main Networks
- Large main and leak Isolations
- Proficient in the use of information technology e.g. tablets / toughbooks
Skills and qualification include the following:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting and Guarding (Streetworks)
- SHEA and EUSR Water Hygiene (Blue card)
- Valve Operations including CALM Networks
- Confined space entry
- Pressure testing / mains disinfection
- Full UK driving licence
Gaps in qualifications can be provided for the right candidate
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience, plus pension and overtime
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, minimum 45 hours per week including door to door travel
Night Work: Approximately 1 in 4 required
Enhanced Pay: Overtime paid at time and a half over normal working hours including travel.
Allowances: Staying away from home allowance when required
Holiday: 28 days per annum incl. UK bank holiday, long service holiday enhancement
Vehicle & Assets: Commercial van plus fuel charge and toll charges paid upfront. Smart phone and tablet
Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with operational standards, health and safety requirements, water quality standards, contract conditions, plan specifications, quality management system, legislation, other rules and regulations, and the companies best practice procedures.
For full details of this role please apply or contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org